Our MEC Team has grown:
Fulfilling our mission:
- Our Board Of Directors is a "working" board: We are hands-on not only with finance and management; we are not shy about working on promotion, ticket windows, printers, and whatever else has to be done.
- Luke Martin: Grants Manager
- Anneliese Varaldiev: Noted specialist in music photography, MEC's official photographer.
- Kyle Johnson: Videographer.
- Brandon Snyder: Production Assistant.
- Intern team: Talented and meticulous team that gets a lot of the credit for our high production standards.
- Last but not least, our wonderful audiences: Large, enthusiastic, of great variety. We have the best audiences anywhere, they get the best from our musicians, and the musicians appreciate it.
Fulfilling our mission:
- Our mission is "the newest and the best music, superbly performed and produced, no compromises and no limits." This is a very demanding mission, stressful at times. But it inspires our composers and musicians, and our audiences. And us - we love our work.
- Because of our success, we are now recognized as a leader in contemporary music. We have demonstrated a "formula" for success in classical/contemporary music, and it can be used as an example by other music organizations.
- We are moving to a ticketing model where students and young artists will obtain tickets for free: Why do this? It's because the audience is no longer a passive-listener to music, it plays a key role in the success of our performances. When an audience is big, enthusiastic, demanding, the performers respond to this (so do the composers). Some of the best audience are students and young artists; we want to remove all obstacles to their attending concerts, and also mingling with the performers and composers. This is extremely stimulating to everyone.
- How do we pay for this? We want other attendees and interested parties to fund the tickets for students/young-artists. We would like every appropriate attendee to do this. The minimum price point is $27 (buys one ticket), so this is affordable for everyone.
Click here and donate now!
- Other initiatives: We are planning on presenting talks or perhaps a mini-conference-online. And probably a social event (musicians + music-lovers + food are a good combination). Visit this page for updates. Sign up for our Mailing List.